Moore for Women Health and Wellness understands that teenage girls have unique health care needs. That is why we offer adolescent gynecological services as a comforting alternative to young women as they develop into womanhood. Our program is for girls who need gynecologic care for menstrual problems, PMS, pelvic pain, disorders of the reproductive organs and adolescent counseling.
We are proud to offer two adolescent gynecology clinics. Moore for Women Health and Wellness in Chicago have providers that are sensitive to a young woman’s health issues and concerns and we take the time to listen, diagnose, and provide a plan of care.
First Gynecological Exam as a Teen in Chicago
As a young woman your first gynecological exam should be a positive experience. Teens today have a number of questions, and our adolescent gynecology experts can provide the answers they are seeking.
We are proud to offer two adolescent gynecology clinics. Methodist Physicians Clinic Women’s Center in Omaha and Council Bluffs have providers that are sensitive to a young woman’s health issues and concerns and we take the time to listen, diagnose, and provide a plan of care.
Adolescent Gynecologic health issues can include:
- Menstrual problems
- Ovarian cysts
- Pelvic pain
- Congenital anomalies
- Genital injuries
- Pelvic infection
- Counseling services
We Are Committed to Providing Gynecology Counseling for Teens
During this exciting and oftentimes, confusing time of development and change, our teens need guidance and support in all areas of their life. We support their growth and development while recognizing adolescents’ need for confidentiality and trust.
Chicago Medical Gynecology for Teens
We provide counseling services that include, but certainly not limited to:
- Menstrual and other gynecologic problems including heavy menstrual periods, irregular periods, polycystic ovarian syndrome, absence of your period, ovarian cysts and concerns regarding puberty.
- Contraceptive management/birth control
- Testing and treatment of sexually transmitted diseases, including pelvic inflammatory disease
- Eating disorders, including anorexia nervosa and bulimia nervosa
- Supporting diagnosis and management of uncomplicated depression and anxiety
Social & Emotional
In addition to helping teens with medical concerns, your OB/GYN or selected provider can assist with social and emotional issues that may affect the well being of the adolescent. Topics often discussed at visits are:
- Supporting strength and resilience
- School and job preparation and achievement
- Coping with stress
- Building independence
- Successful transition to adulthood
- Concerns about growth and development
- Sexuality and risk taking
- Substance or physical abuse
- Family relationships
- Gender related questions and concerns
Family Planning for Teens in Chicago
Counseling for family planning is also available at Methodist Physicians Clinic Women’s Center. Family planning services available to adolescents include:
- Education, testing and treatment for sexually transmitted infections
- Abstinence and sexual health education
- Pregnancy and options counseling
- Birth control education and supplies
- Building healthy, safe relationships